1 Peter 3:7; Ephesians 5:21- 23 The man in your life has been called to the priesthood. This means he is called to pour out his life, wash your soul, and sustain you and your children spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Are you checking out the men you meet in the light of that fact? I challenge you to dig a little deeper into the character of the man you are considering.
Key Phrase: ” Husbands must love your wives with the same love christ showed the church”Â ( Ephesians 5:25)
1. Write down what you desire in a mate. How many things on your list are inner qualities? Which ones are included in the list that Paul gives to Timothy?
2. What usually attracts you to a man? Are any of these lasting attributes?
3. Which of the things that caused the initial attraction are things that give you clues to his character long-term?
4. Which qualities will you need your husband to exhibit outside of the bedroom? Inside of the bedroom? Where will most of your time be spent?
5. Do you take the time to measure the character of the man you are attracted to? How many things in him do you plan to change?
6. Are you open to allowing God to change your concept of what your mate should be like?
7. Do you consider if you can joyfully assist and complement this man? Do you have common goals and interests?
8. Do you take the time to see if he is a man with a vision and an understanding of his call as a husband?
9. What is his relationship with God like? Does he open things to you that you failed to see about God before? Who is the spiritual leader in the relationship?
Read Also:Â True love is what he has for me but blind to see
10. Now make a new list of what you should be looking for, according to God. Surrender your wants( your earlier list ) to God. Let God take control.
Recognition to Michelle Hammond for this wonderful wordsFollow Love Venture on WordPress.com